Sunday, March 8, 2020

A Fatal Grace by Louise Penny

Louise Penny has done it again. "A Fatal Grace," book two in her Armand Gamache series has blown me away. There have only been a handful of authors that I have read that pull me into a world within a sentence or two and keep me there for the entire novel.

This is not your typical mystery series. Yes, there's murder but it's not the gruesome edge of your seat thriller. Penny's angle is from a human stance. Gamache is a listener. He sits back and lets the town of Three Pine's do the talking. It's slow, subtle, and psychological.

Louise Penny
With a five star rating, Penny writes books you want to tear through and slowly read at the same time. I don't recommend books on a whim. I must know you, and think about what I would recommend. Not with Louise Penny. You love a good mystery? She is the author I recommend without hesitation. Whether you buy the book, borrow from the library, or listen through your Libby App to the audio book version.

I am struggling with my own inner battle now. I've been trying to pace myself with her books; however, I think I'll be getting to book three (The Cruelest Month) much sooner than I did this one. I cannot help myself. Also because I recommended Louise Penny to my mom and now she is seven books ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...