Thursday, January 16, 2020

The One by Kiera Cass

Look, I'm not trying to be stingy as the giver of stars; however, I am trying this year to only rate novels that absolutely wow me with the magical five out of five; therefore, "The One" by Kiera Cass has earned 4.5 out of 5 stars.

This is the third installment of "The Selection" series. The selected have gone from thirty five young women down to the top four. Each candidate to be princess has her own unique view and motives where Prince Maxon is concerned. Loyalties are questioned, motives are revealed, and Maxon finally (FINALLY) picks "The One."

The emotional pull in this third book really struck me on multiple occasions throughout the novel. You know there is something there when you yell, "Holy Shit!" and throw down (gently place) the book to the floor. The happily ever after moment could have gone either way, and all I will say is that it went the way I hoped it would from the beginning.



There was a TV movie released of The Selection in 2012, and as of October 2019, Warner Brothers has purchased the rights to the series. There seems to be a full cast attached already (I have not verified any information officially), but color me very interested. Any Buffy fans out there? Anthony Stewart Head as King Clarkson. Enough said. (14/100)

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...