Friday, January 17, 2020

Dare to Lead by Brene Brown

Self-development non-fiction has seriously been rocking my world this year. This is not my first rodeo with Brene Brown, and it will not be my last. I was first introduced to her in 2017 with her book "Rising Strong" through a Chipperish Media podcast called "Big Strong Yes". If you have read Brene Brown and enjoy her research on shame as much as I do, I highly recommend the podcast. It changed my life.

I've been focusing a lot of my time on leadership in the past couple of years and "Dare to Lead" truly brought my desires for leadership and vulnerability together. Easily a five out of five star rating.

If I were to give a critique, and I would be super nit picky... and I get why she does it, but she recycles topics from other books... a lot. Why I didn't take away any stars from this review? Because even if I hear the same advice from her over and over again, I will still embrace it as if I'm hearing/reading it for the very first time. I always learning from her, and I'm always needing to humble myself and redirect my thinking.


Anyone interested in human behavior, shame culture, becoming a leader, getting vulnerable... Brene Brown invites them (us) to step into the arena... and rumble.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...