Saturday, January 11, 2020

Saturday Scheduled, Saturday Slayed


Today I woke up so incredibly sore from my first Barre work out last night. Let's be honest, I didn't even want to get out of bed let alone walk the dog, workout again, and head to Spring Hill for a lunch. I know from past experience that getting out of the bed is the hardest; however, the rest gets better as long as you keep going.

I got out of bed (gingerly) and got ready to take my excited fully grown puppy for a walk. I always check the weather so I can brace myself for the elements. I was pleasantly surprised to find it was nearly 70 degrees; however, it was crazy windy (the wind woke me up a lot last night). Kaylee and I ventured into the wide world of our apartment complex roads and enjoyed waking up to the 40 MPH winds gently slapping me in the face.

I knew Barre needed to be before breakfast otherwise I wasn't likely to do it today so I got right to it. I've got to tell you, friends, that workout kicked my butt. I cannot remember the last time I sweated that much. I struggled with a lot of the exercises and I am no where near working out to the tempo, but I am pushing myself, and it feels amazing. The mantra for the day was "I am well-rounded." It was also Booty day... the pun did not make it to full laughter. I did give it a good snicker though.

Workout and shower out of the way I made breakfast. I've been experimenting with making steel cut oats in my insta pot and it was incredible. I love that I push a button and don't have to worry about it. I make it once a week and then portion it out for the week. I add chia seeds for the extra fiber boost as well as some sliced (or slivered) almonds, a sprinkling of cacao powder, and blueberries. It was hearty and filling. I'm a fan. I also had a cherry Greek yogurt (not a fan of the cherry flavoring).

Because I made a list the night before, I had some guidance to work from to accomplish things. I emailed my friend and my grandmother, and it felt great. We drove to Spring Hill and had lunch with a Realtor friend of Steve's. Post lunch we headed out to his listing, viewed the property, and put up his For Sale sign. I am so thankful I got to be a part of that.

Once home, we had a friend stop by for 30 minutes or so and it was very nice catching up with him. Next I went for my second workout of the day which was a 45 minute walk with the pup. We made it about 35 minutes before we got stuck in a downpour. The rain was picked up by the wind and for a second time today I was getting slapped in the face by the elements. Kaylee and I ran most of the way home because she was terrified, poor girl. By the time we got home; however, I had only walked 42 minutes so I went back out to the covered area and walked for 3 more to ensure I got my full workout in.



I'm prepping our chicken for the week now in our insta pot as I write this blog post. I cannot tell you the last time I got so much done in one day. What's even better is that it's only 7:10pm which means I have several hours of reading time that have opened up, and my book is getting really good!






What do you to get yourself motivated on the weekends? It's so easy to slack off saying that we deserve rest (which we absolutely do), but it the main time to get things done we keep putting off during the week because we don't have the time. Don't play the "I'll get to it tomorrow" game, because tomorrow is everlasting and nothing will ever get done.

2 comments:

  1. You’re on fire! Love reading about you rocking meal prep too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just wanted to read last night instead of writing. Glad I did it!

      Delete

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...