Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Reflection: One of Those Days

Nothing bad happened today. I woke up sore but well rested. My knee hurt with every step I took, but that is a fairly normal experience. Kaylee and I took a walk in the rain a little after five in the morning. Because I'm a Patreon supporter of my favorite media company, Chipperish, I got to listen to an early access/sneak peak at the newest podcast Lani Diane Rich and Dr. Kelly Jones are doing called: "How Story Works: Conversations." I was just talking the other day to you about how I needed to find better guidance on writing and process-- well my friends, this is absolutely it. This dynamic duo are probably my favorite two pod-casters in the world (yes, even above David Tennant... mostly likely. Maybe... yes? We can discuss this later). This podcast not only gives me all of the feels, but it gives me the excitement to read what I love, write what I love, and live what I love. And that is a pretty freeing concept.

The dark and gloomy atmosphere here in Nashville really reflected my work day well. Nothing bad happened. My work was harder than usual which slowed me down which meant that I didn't hit my productivity for the day. Today was a quality day and that should even out in the end. I applied to a new position within my company that has left me anxious and excited. I don't know when the interviewing will begin, but I'm hoping in a few weeks. Who knows what life will be bringing my way in the coming months. I know that I am working hard toward a goal and I'm going to keep after it no matter what failure's come my way. I worked ten hours today which means another ten tomorrow and two fives on Thursday and Friday. It's only Tuesday and I'm halfway there.

In my down times I was able to get a good solid chunk of reading into "The Count of Monte Cristo" by Alexandre Dumas, my daily 10 pages in "The Art of War for Writers" by James Scott Bell, and a large head start (about 150 pages) into "The Case for Jamie" by Brittany Cavallaro. After this blog post, I'm going to settle in for the night with my short stories collection in the Black Jewels world by Anne Bishop.

Today is Tennant Tuesday so I also listened to "David Tennant Does a Podcast with... Jon Hamm." I know almost nothing about most celebrities, so it is nice just hearing people's stories. Yes, I also enjoy the Scottish accent, but that's really besides the point. Or is it? :)

Evening walks with Kaylee were even wetter than this morning, but it was nice getting outside in the evening. We even started before night fell which is always a treat.



And now, I'm settled in for the night and relaxing before bed. I've been extra tired recently and was asleep last night before 9pm. I have a feeling tonight will be similar. I used to stay up until all hours of the night and sleep four hours. I can't do that any more. I love sleep too much. Wishing you all a pleasant night's sleep and a happy and productive tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...