Friday, February 7, 2020

A Question of Holmes by Brittany Cavallaro

"A Question of Holmes" is the final book in the Charlotte Holmes series by Brittany Cavallaro. I've rated this four out of five stars much like the previous book. There was a couple of surprises here that I didn't see coming.

There was a nice subtle nod to the original author of Sherlock Holmes in this book, and I think it was ended very well. I like Charlotte's arch throughout the series and am really happy with the person she turned into. I feel as though the final book was getting more relatable to me as it deals in college atmosphere and most of the setting is in Oxford. There was also mentions of Jaffa Cakes and Sainsbury's. It made me miss Oxford and wonder if Cavallaro wrote about the one I frequented. A girl can dream.

I enjoyed the theater mystery and Holmes work with the detective at Scotland Yard. I also appreciate that Jamie was finally starting to be treated like an equal instead of an ignorant child. He deserved more credit than he got throughout this story.

I know that Cavallaro did a collaboration writing Hello Girls with Emily Henry, but I'm not sure if she has written more than that. Hello Girls is definitely on my future TBR list. Maybe even this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...