Wednesday, February 12, 2020

White Night by Jim Butcher

I have picked up, purchased, and donated so many copies of the first book in the Harry Dresden series by Jim Butcher. Two years ago, he was mentioned by Alice, and I explained to her that I've tried reading this series on multiple occasions; however, I could never really get into it.

It was then that she had mentioned that the majority of the audio books were narrated by James Marsters. He's been in a ton of things, but he is best known to me as Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. That was enough for me to give it another go.

I borrowed the book through the Libby app via my local library and listened with overwhelming joy. James Marsters is the perfect Harry Dresden. Fast forward a year or two, I have just completed "White Night" which is the ninth book in the Dresden Files series by Jim Butcher.

For those who haven't started the series I won't give any spoilers away. All I will say is this book scored a five out of five star rating. I laughed a lot. I like that Harry has an apprentice as it adds a new dynamic to his story. Mouse is always a favorite. I would have liked more Bob, but loved the time spent with and about Tomas. I love that Harry is still Harry in his imperfect perfection.




Jim Butcher
Nine books in, and the story keeps getting better. Well done Mr. Butcher, well done. In more exciting news, the long awaited 16th book of the 20 book series was announced. Peace Talks is set to release on July 14, 2020. I know that I still have seven books to go; however, I am very excited to hear about this new release. Head on over to Amazon to pre-order your copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...