Friday, January 24, 2020

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater

"The Dream Thieves" is the second book in the Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater. I read "The Raven Boys" last year and rated it a four out of five stars. The only reason I didn't give it five stars was because it took nearly two-thirds of the book to get interesting. It was from a nearly 'Did Not Finish' (DNF) to its current score. "The Dream Thieves" kind of sat in the middle of the road for me.

The journey to search for a long dead king named Glendower continues in Henrietta, Virginia for Blue Sargent and the Raven Boys. This book focus's a lot on Ronan Lynch and his secrets. There are many, but the main one is his ability to pull objects from his dreams into reality. As we discover more about Ronan, the gang gets closer than ever to the mysteries that surround their town. I do have to say I did like what we learn about his mother and the powers of Cabeswater.

We learn more about the characters and how they're all connected
Maggie Stiefvater
to the mythical and mystical in this small town. I had absolutely no connection or interest in the Gray Man. Most of the characters in this book are teenage boys. That is very likely why I'm not connecting with it. I scored this book three stars out of five.

Will I finish the final two book in the series? Yes. I own the last two books and have already started book three "Blue Lily, Lily Blue." I'm about a third of the way in, and I dare say that there is still hope. Is there a series out there that you like (not love) but cannot seem to not finish it anyway? This is that series for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...