Thursday, January 23, 2020

The Favorite by Kiera Cass

I would like to start by saying this novella, "The Favorite" by Kiera Cass was far too short. This story (briefly) tells the story of how Marlee goes from being the people's favorite to marry Prince Maxon in the selection, to meeting and falling for one of the guards, Carter.

The present time story takes place after Carter and Marlee have been caught together and sent into the prison to being caned and demoted to eights. During this period there is flash backs of how the first met and fell for each other. I'm not typically one for flashbacks; however, this was subtle and added a dynamic that would have been missing without it. I also greatly enjoyed the ending how Carter and Marlee were the first official caste-less people as America and Maxon attempt to change their world for the better. Also, seeing America as a young queen was great and I wish there was more of that in this series. I rated this novella a four out of five stars. If there was more substance it would have scored a five, easily.

One more book left in this world that I hope to get to this month before moving on to a different adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...