Monday, January 27, 2020

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

Well, well, well. Color me corrected. It took me three books to finally hop onto the Raven train, but I am 100% in. For those not following along, "Blue Lily, Lily Blue" is the third book in the Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater. And shit is getting real. Really weird, but in the best of ways.

If you've not read my previous review on this book collection, although it has scored decently, it hadn't taken me to any wow moments. I like it, but I wasn't connecting with any of the characters, and the fantasy aspect of the story... well, I was just trudging along. I was basically at the point of reading to finish the series and not reading to find out what happens next.That is no longer the case. I'll be starting the final book today.

In this book, we continue our search for the Welsh King Glendower as Ronan continues to dream walk, Adam embraces Cabeswater, and we finally discover more about Blue and her powers to amplify other people's magic. The stakes are raised when Blue's mother disappears, and death becomes a very real reality in their lives. The power of magic and the consequences are through the roof as Blue and the Raven Boys get closer to waking the king.

This book has a little bit of everything: magic, a touch of romance, suspense, danger, and mystery. My first five out of five star rating for a Maggie Stiefvater book. Well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...