Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Haiku Clues

Since I started April on a serious note instead of embracing the tom foolery of the day, I figured that I can compensate for it by writing a few Haiku's. Although I keep with the five-seven-five format, I don't fully follow tradition by focusing on nature or emotion. I enjoy bringing my quirky personality into my writing.

I was probably in the third or fourth grade when I first learned about Haiku's. Being my mother's daughter, I enjoyed making toilet humor poetry as a kid. I can almost guarantee that as an adult I have given my mother at least one mother's day poem that involved farting. (I love you mom!)

I truly grasped the idea of poetry in my junior year of high school for an American Literature assignment. After that, I wrote hundreds. I make no claim that any of them were good, but it gave me a creative way to release all of the feelings I would bottle up. Once I met my husband I got so much happier than I had ever been and I really struggled to write poetry. It wasn't until this past year where I learned to take emotions from shows that I would watch or from other people's experience that I could still write with angst and that I could write about emotions or situations that were outside of what I was currently feeling. This became freeing to me. I still can't claim that any of my poetry is good, but it feels amazing to be creating again.

And now, for the Haiku's... They have a story to tell. They probably too easily express an announcement that I am excited to make. If you figure it out, send me a direct message on Facebook or Twitter @Shethinks23! Here are your four Haiku clues:


I have a secret.
This bridge is not falling down.
November is near.

Autumn is the best.
Take a stroll through a new park.
I will ride a bus.

Old architecture
We will take time to explore
See all from the eye.

History abounds
My dreams are reality
Seven month count down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...