Friday, January 3, 2020

Free Write Friday: Brain Dump

Rules: Write for 5 straight minutes without stopping to think. Let everything go.

I am sick and tired of being sick. This cough seems to originate from the pits of hell and will not go away. It was my intention to stay at work for a full day to take less PTO; however, I made it four hours before I tapped out.

Tackling Yoga and Meditation while being sleepy was more challenging than my work. But I did it. So that counts for something. I napped for two hours. I don't know what I loved more: the sleep or cuddling with my dog, Kaylee. I am sure it was a little of both; however, she is so adorable.

I had a super fun phone call with my friend Janice as I tried to apply the make up she had gifted me last year. It started off okay and ended up with me on the floor applying too much foundation that made me look like I was trying to become a character on Cats. Or an oompa loompa. Need I say more? You'd probably like me to... it was really funny. Let's just say we needed to start over. Ultimately, at the end, I was happy with the result. Just enough for me to be happily glowing and no longer turning into a feline.

We drove across town and met up with some friends at a sports bar to celebrate our friend Kristen. We had several amazing conversations, laughed, and even ended the night making plans for a get together in the near future. Sometimes I hate admitting this, but I think I'm starting to like people again.

Weird, I know.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that your cough is still stuck. :( That is extremely miserable. Liking people is a good thing. :) I was in a rut for awhile where I didn't want to go out or seen anyone.. still a little in that mindset, but I notice that when I do i feel better.

    :) I like these 5 minute free writings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprisingly difficult to overcome fears and anxieties, but it is so important to continually challenge ourselves. I was in self preservation mode for so long, it almost felt like I was living in the land of the dead. It is nice seeing the light again.

      Delete

It's hard to keep up when you read too much...

 I'm always so gun-ho at the beginning of the year. I make big plans and set lofty goals and inevitably, I miss a day or two and then gi...